Two 1st party cookies are used by this site:
The essential one is the session cookie, usually called MoodleSession. You must allow this cookie into your browser to provide continuity and maintain your login from page to page. If you block this cookie you will not be able to login to the site. When you log out or close the browser this cookie is destroyed (in your browser and on the server).
The other cookie is purely for convenience, usually called something like MOODLEID. It just remembers your username within the browser. This means when you return to this site the username field on the login page will be already filled out for you. It is safe to refuse this cookie - you will just have to retype your username every time you log in.
This site does not use any 3rd party cookies typically used by behavioural advertising networks to target ads to users based on their prior actions.
By using this website, you consent to the collection, storage and usage of the above data in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
You can find information on how to switch off cookies in your browser here.
Learners attending Bury Libraries and Adult Learning Service are permitted access to the Virtual Learning Environment* (Moodle) and connecting services in accordance with these terms where required during their studies. Access may be restricted or removed due to misuse.
*The services offered on the VLE are subject to change without notice.
When using the VLE and connecting services, users must...
- Respect the rights of others.
- Remember to logout at the end of each session.
- Comply with current and future legislations* including:
· The Data Protection Act 1998
· Copyright, Designs & Patents Act 1988
· Computer Misuse Act 1990
. Telecommunications Act 1984
. Protection from Harassment Act 1997
*Copies of these acts are available either online or on request from the Centre office. If you are found to be breaking the law legal sanctions will apply.
The following are not permitted at any time...
- The creation, display, production, storage, circulation or transmission of pornographic or other offensive material in any form or medium. (Including sending, posting or displaying offensive images, language or any other type of offensive content including the bullying, harassment or intimidation of others.)
- Users must not create, store or transmit:
- Defamatory or libellous material
- Material that infringes copyright
- Unsolicited commercial or advertising material
- Intentionally providing or submitting false information.
- Flooding forums and other services unnecessarily or with inappropriate content/material.
- Editing or modifying any element of the VLE without permission.
- Using others' passwords or log-in identities.
- Deliberately introducing any virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful or nuisance programme or file, or deliberately circumventing any precautions taken by the College to prevent this from happening.
- Using any service for commercial purposes or profit.
- Using any service for political purposes.
- Using any service inappropriately during class time.
- Copying any code, software or content provided without permission.
- Providing access to non-Bury Libraries and Adult Learning Service members without permission.
- Violating copyright laws, data protection laws and computer misuse laws.